Hi All,
so I just got a fresh checkout of the development version and noticed that there is a problem with ExternalLibraries/HDF5:
I have my own pre-compiled version of HDF5 and I am setting HDF5_DIR=... in my options list. When I do that, the script detect.sh in ExternalLibraries/HDF5 fails to set HDF5_LIB_DIRS and HDF5_LIBS and the compile fails at the link stage.
Could this possibly be fixed? I fixed the problem locally by introducing
HDF5_LIB_DIRS="${HDF5_DIR}/lib" HDF5_LIBS="${HDF5_CXX_LIBS} ${HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS} ${HDF5_C_LIBS}"
Near line 156 of detect.sh.
Thanks,
- Christian
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 07:04:30PM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
Could this possibly be fixed?
I believe so. :)
I fixed the problem locally by introducing
HDF5_LIB_DIRS="${HDF5_DIR}/lib" HDF5_LIBS="${HDF5_CXX_LIBS} ${HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS} ${HDF5_C_LIBS}"
That would work, but another function earlier should have picked up the library and set the variable already at that point. I'll look into it, but don't have the time immediately. For the moment it might help if you could set CCTK_HOME, just run detect.sh alone outside of Cactus, and send the output. It would be interesting to see whether it failed to find the library, or whether it just failed to set the variables as it should.
Frank
Hi Frank,
On 10/15/15 21:24, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I fixed the problem locally by introducing
HDF5_LIB_DIRS="${HDF5_DIR}/lib" HDF5_LIBS="${HDF5_CXX_LIBS} ${HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS} ${HDF5_C_LIBS}"
That would work, but another function earlier should have picked up the library and set the variable already at that point. I'll look into it, but don't have the time immediately. For the moment it might help if you could set CCTK_HOME, just run detect.sh alone outside of Cactus, and send the output. It would be interesting to see whether it failed to find the library, or whether it just failed to set the variables as it should.
What do I have to set CCTK_HOME to for this to work? Sorry, I have no experience with how the ExternalLibraries stuff works.
Best,
- Christian
On 16 Oct 2015, at 14:47, Christian D. Ott cott@tapir.caltech.edu wrote:
Hi Frank,
On 10/15/15 21:24, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I fixed the problem locally by introducing
HDF5_LIB_DIRS="${HDF5_DIR}/lib" HDF5_LIBS="${HDF5_CXX_LIBS} ${HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS} ${HDF5_C_LIBS}"
That would work, but another function earlier should have picked up the library and set the variable already at that point. I'll look into it, but don't have the time immediately. For the moment it might help if you could set CCTK_HOME, just run detect.sh alone outside of Cactus, and send the output. It would be interesting to see whether it failed to find the library, or whether it just failed to set the variables as it should.
What do I have to set CCTK_HOME to for this to work? Sorry, I have no experience with how the ExternalLibraries stuff works.
You could try reverting Frank's recent commits to the HDF5 thorn. That fixed a similar problem on Datura.
Frank
The current version is broken on Nvidia (Ubuntu workstation at Perimeter) and Zwicky.
-erik
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 05:47:31AM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
What do I have to set CCTK_HOME to for this to work? Sorry, I have no experience with how the ExternalLibraries stuff works.
I just committed an update - please try that.
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 01:03:55PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
The current version is broken on Nvidia (Ubuntu workstation at Perimeter) and Zwicky.
That is unfortunate, but without more information there is nothing I could do about that. I don't have a working account on either of them.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org