Hi,
I have been trying to import and evolve Lorene data using EinsteinInitialData/Meudon_Mag_NS and the parfile Cactus/par/static_tov.par as a basis.
I managed to evolve the example file Meudon_Mag_NS/data/bbig.d for a non rotating magnetised neutron star, as well as the non-rotating non-magnetised Lorene resu.d I created. As soon as I turn on rotation I get nans in all variables from the beginning of the evolution and the warning from GRHydro "Infinite Lorentz factor reset. rho, w_tmp:".
Has anyone tried to use Meudon_Mag_NS with rotating Lorene initial data?
Thanks, Michael
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 03:39:47PM +0100, Michael Jasiulek wrote:
I have been trying to import and evolve Lorene data using EinsteinInitialData/Meudon_Mag_NS and the parfile Cactus/par/static_tov.par as a basis.
Just to generate some reply: I am sorry, I didn't use these ID myself.
I managed to evolve the example file Meudon_Mag_NS/data/bbig.d for a non rotating magnetised neutron star, as well as the non-rotating non-magnetised Lorene resu.d I created. As soon as I turn on rotation I get nans in all variables from the beginning of the evolution and the warning from GRHydro "Infinite Lorentz factor reset. rho, w_tmp:".
Maybe the ID code is not correctly setting up either the velocities, or the Lorentz factor. This should be easily seen when you just output the ID itself, before evolution.
Anyone else?
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org