Hi. I'm unable to build the latest Maxwell release anymore. Following the download instructions verbatim, I hit a snag when compiling. There seems to be a problem with FFTW3. I have it set in my options file to "BUILD", and what eventually happens is.... (below) Any suggestions? Thanks, Scott this is on Nautilus.
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../simd -LMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -I/opt/sgi/mpt/mpt- 2.04/include -std=c99 -MT timer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/timer.Tpo -c timer.c -o timer.o In file included from timer.c:29: cycle.h: In function ‘getticks’: cycle.h:226: error: ‘asm’ undeclared (first use in this function) cycle.h:226: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once cycle.h:226: error: for each function it appears in.) cycle.h:226: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘volatile’ gmake[4]: *** [timer.lo] Error 1 gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2 + (( 2 )) + echo 'BEGIN ERROR' + echo 'Error while building FFTW3. Aborting.' + echo 'END ERROR' + exit 1 FFTW3 selected, but FFTW3_DIR not set. Checking some places... FFTW3 not found Building FFTW3... FFTW3 install directory, FFTW3_INSTALL_DIR, not set. Installing in the default configuration location .
CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn FFTW3 returned exit code 1 Error message: 'Error while building FFTW3. Aborting.' -- Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Physics Belmont University. 615-460-6206. Sent from my iPad
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 03:29:10PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi. I'm unable to build the latest Maxwell release anymore. Following the download instructions verbatim, I hit a snag when compiling. There seems to be a problem with FFTW3. I have it set in my options file to "BUILD", and what eventually happens is.... (below) Any suggestions? Thanks,
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../simd -LMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -I/opt/sgi/mpt/mpt- 2.04/include -std=c99 -MT timer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/timer.Tpo -c timer.c -o timer.o
Hi Scott,
change -std=c99 to -std-gnu99. C99 doesn't include support for asm statements.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org