Hello Karima,
please use the Einstein Toolkit users mailing list users@einsteintoolkit.org if possible for support questions.
It is usually also better to copy and paste the text of the error message rather than taking a screenshot since the former lets me copy and paste from what you entered while the latter requires me to retype evertyhing.
In your case:
* Sommerville is quite old (5 years) and not all options shown in the current tutorial notebook are supported * in particular the "-j" option to simfactory (to build in parallel using make's own "-j" option) is not supported * the easiest fix is to leave out the option "-j2" which will compile using 1 compilation process (so will be quite slow)
Hope this helps.
Yours, Roland
Dear professor Roland Haas,
I am having an issue in installing the Somerville release 2015 of the Einstein toolkit on Ubuntu 20.04. I get an error in configuring the ET using 'Simfactory'. The error is below
Command:
%%bash ./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th
Error:
CalledProcessError: Command 'b'./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th\n'' returned non-zero exit status 2.
The image of the output is also attached. I request your assistance to fix the error. I am sorry if this email is causing you any inconvenience.
Thank you,
Best regards
Karima shahzad
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org