#2600: `CCTK_CENTERING_GF` is applied to grid scalars
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
I believe this issue was fixed here:
```
commit f49477f6ddeeb0fcaa80486a37dc9fa2482385a4
Author: Steven R. Brandt <steven(a)stevenrbrandt.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 12:59:42 2022 +0000
Merged in only_center_gfs (pull request #141)
* Use only for GF
* Only GF's get a cctk_ptr_ declaration and centering.
Approved-by: Erik Schnetter
```
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2600/cctk_centering_gf…
#2600: `CCTK_CENTERING_GF` is applied to grid scalars
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
so close as invalid? Or was there a commit after March 17 that fixed this?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2600/cctk_centering_gf…
#2600: `CCTK_CENTERING_GF` is applied to grid scalars
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
Oh, I see, this ticket was created last April.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2600/cctk_centering_gf…
#2600: `CCTK_CENTERING_GF` is applied to grid scalars
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
On looking at the code, I don’t see how this is possible. That condition is explicitly checked for.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2600/cctk_centering_gf…
#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns
Reporter: tootle
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version: ET_2023_05
Type: proposal
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I marked the thorns as `DISABLED`. We can include them like this for the next release an selectively enable them on clusters where we know Boos to be present \(same as eg for PETSc based thorns\). That is if the release managers are ok and the final vote in the ET call goes well.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka…
#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns
Reporter: tootle
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version: ET_2023_05
Type: proposal
Priority: blocker
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I see. An ET provided Boost ExternalLibrary would have to include all of Boost, both the STL template parts and the compiled parts, since we would not know what each thorn uses.
If the dependency persists the is should be listed in `configuration.ccl` along with `GSL` etc.
You may also need to consider an `OPTIONAL` dependency on `CMake` in particular if you require a non-ancient `cmake`. Some of CarpetX dependencies do that \(AMReX, ADIOS I think\) and can optionally use a cmake in `${CMAKE_DIR}/bin/cmake` instead of just `cmake`. I think the two of them between them now require cmake `3.23` \(from around July 2022, so very very recent for HPC clusters\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka…
#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns
Reporter: tootle
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version: ET_2023_05
Type: proposal
Priority: blocker
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by tootle):
For the importer, the only portions of Boost needed are those related to ptree, which handles the ingestion of the config file for FUKA initial data solutions. I can look into whether or not it is possible to include a subset of boost, but I don't want to hold up the release since it is already quite late in the release schedule.
As for including boost in the ETK, I can understand the apprehension as it can be exceptionally large and time consuming to build depending on how many of the components one needs to install. In our case, the systems we work on have boost installed by default so it was a natural dependency to leverage especially for python bindings. Unfortunately this is not always the case especially for older systems
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka…