#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Well, I don't really know what you're doing, but update\_Tmunu=”no” means that IGM will _never_ set Tmunu. I'm guessing you want it to be set at least at initialization.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Vikram Manikantan):
I will set `update_Tmunu=yes` and see if that fixes it for me - at least we’ll be on the same page then. However, in the long term, this will make the simulation more expensive.
Shouldn’t Con2Prim work regardless of the update\_Tmunu setting?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
There was some discussion on this in the Einstein Toolkit call just now. The situation seems that one can enable Tmunu storage but disable Tmunu being actually set by setting `TmunuBase::stress_energy_storage = yes` and `TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = no` . `TmunuBase` relies on running in `MoL_PostStep`. Since `Tmunu` is a derived quantity like the primitives it may be most consistent with other codes to have `Tmunu` set at INITIAL at the same time say `HydroBase_Con2PrimInitial` is running by scheduling the `SetTmunu` group in there instead of only in `MoL_PostStep`. This would rely on checking on `ADMSbase_SetADMVars` and possible touch `HydroBase` as well in case setting Tmunu uses primitive variables.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
It’s been a while since I looked at it, but I think it should be `in HydroBase_PostStep after HydroBase_Con2Prim`. `update_Tmunu` is a parameter, not something in the scheduler. If you don’t want IllinoisGRMHD to ever set Tmunu, then you need to set that to `no` in the parfile. It defaults to `yes`. I didn’t get nans with `update_Tmunu=yes`, but I did with `update_Tmunu=no`.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Vikram Manikantan):
Also, I do not have `update_Tmunu` in my scheduler anywhere. What do you mean when you say you set this?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Vikram Manikantan):
The scheduling is already `in HydroBase_Con2Prim after IllinoisGRMHD_conserv_to_prims`. Do you mean to make it `in HydroBase_PostStep after HydroBase_Con2Prim after IllinoisGRMHD_conserv_to_prims` or just `in HydroBase_PostStep after HydroBase_Con2Prim`?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…