#2738: Caunda/Proca and Canuda/Scalar test faiilures after commits that "remove parameter eta_beta_dynamic"
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Miguel Zilhão):
That one was was due to another commit, and indeed the data needed to be regenerated. I’ve done so here: [https://bitbucket.org/canuda/lean\_public/commits/e13352d877a5a5b6699a9ec66…
I hope this fixes it. The test now passes on my machine, but at the moment I have no other machine to try.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2738/caunda-proca-and-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
To have more correct scheduling, change the `in HydroBase_Con2Prim` to `in HydroBase_PostStep after HydroBase_Con2Prim.`
This is because that con2prim group also runs in PostPostInitial where IllinoisGRMHD manually schedules functions. This should only put it in the places where AddToTmunu appears. I still get nans, but I don’t have time right now to track down where they come from. If you track down where they first appear, please let me know.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
My previous comment was incorrect, as I forgot to also set `update_Tmunu`. I do get nans when I set that. I haven’t tried to debug this, but my guess is that moving this to a different bin leads to the A->B routine happening in a different place relative to con2prim, which causes this issue.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2741: Some thorns seem to incorrectly use CCTK_GFINDEX4D
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
I had missed one file in `particle_tracerET`, but I have pushed that as well now. I am closing the ticket since `grep`ing for `CCTK_GFINDEX4D` gets nothing in `wvuthorns` and `wvuthorns_diagnostics`.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2741/some-thorns-seem-…
#2647: incorrect WENO coefficient in GRHydro WENO reconstruction code
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
The interpolation vs. reconstruction behaviour should be checked against PPM to decide if WENO or WENOZ coefficients should be updated \(one is reconstruction the other one is interpolation\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2647/incorrect-weno-co…
#2735: EinsteinBase: storage declaration simplification
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: trivial
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Well. It’s historic \(not surprisingly\). Being able to use variables in the storage statement is newer than ADMBase is, and I am not sure if
```
STORAGE: lapse[0]
```
would have been acceptable \(since one could just leave out the statemetnt altogether without loss if only constants are allowed anyway\).
I think there are parameter files out there that want storage for lapse but not for dtlapse \(eg lapse for output only and dtlapse is not desired\). If storage was enabled for dtshift then this will consume more memory \(probably not too bad\) and also \(more importantly\) subjuect dtshift to poisoning, and consistency checks by presync which may \(if sufficiently aggressive options are chosen\) make the code stop.
So the ugly way of disabling storage by setting “initial\_shift” to “none” probably has to stay.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2735/einsteinbase-stor…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
If I make the change in `IllinoisGRMHD`’s schedule.ccl and run the test parfile `magnetizedTOV.par`, I don’t get any issues with `stress_energy_at_RHS` on or off. As such, I’m not sure if the issue is with `IllinoisGRMHD` itself. Particularly, the values that are `nan` when Con2Prim starts are the B field and the metric. The B field I could envision potentially having an issue if the setup for the scheduling were wrong, but the fact that all the spacetime quantities are `nan` seems to suggest there could be something wrong with the spacetime evolution or ID.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Vikram Manikantan):
[dot]out file from most recent test run
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…