#2485: include complex and real scalar evolution code from Canuda in ET
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: task
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Thank you. One question the ScalarBase \(and Evolve I guess\) docs show:

and state that this is the Klein-Gordon evolution equations. I guess it could be given that the evolution equations for Phi \(which I would naively think of the Klein-Gordon equations\) follow from requiring the Bianchi identities to hold for Gmunu. Maybe it would still be useful to spell out the Box Phi equation?
There are various rendering issues with the TeX files on the webserver:

and also in TwoPunctures:
and

These are sometimes caused by “dodgy” TeX \(eg leaving out `{}`\) and sometimes, unfortunately, by issues with the TeX to HTML conversion, which can even be converter version dependent. I will take a look at those rendering issues and create pull requests for any non-invasive workarounds that I find.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2485/include-complex-a…
#2743: debug output from rdwr.pl when it cannot find variables
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
But the error message is so informative! :\)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2743/debug-output-from…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Well, I don't really know what you're doing, but update\_Tmunu=”no” means that IGM will _never_ set Tmunu. I'm guessing you want it to be set at least at initialization.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Vikram Manikantan):
I will set `update_Tmunu=yes` and see if that fixes it for me - at least we’ll be on the same page then. However, in the long term, this will make the simulation more expensive.
Shouldn’t Con2Prim work regardless of the update\_Tmunu setting?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…
#2497: IllinoisGRMHD is incompatible with setting TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = "no"
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
There was some discussion on this in the Einstein Toolkit call just now. The situation seems that one can enable Tmunu storage but disable Tmunu being actually set by setting `TmunuBase::stress_energy_storage = yes` and `TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS = no` . `TmunuBase` relies on running in `MoL_PostStep`. Since `Tmunu` is a derived quantity like the primitives it may be most consistent with other codes to have `Tmunu` set at INITIAL at the same time say `HydroBase_Con2PrimInitial` is running by scheduling the `SetTmunu` group in there instead of only in `MoL_PostStep`. This would rely on checking on `ADMSbase_SetADMVars` and possible touch `HydroBase` as well in case setting Tmunu uses primitive variables.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2497/illinoisgrmhd-is-…