Dear all,
following up on last week's questions regarding a tracer particle
implementation into an evolution code I am having problems with the
function *CCTK_**InterpGridArrays*. In general, my implementation
follows the GRHydro_particle approach (in C++), and is working in some
cases. However, at some interpolation points, the interpolation routine
returns nans/infs. This error occurs mainly for the interpolation points
in refined regions and changes when I change buffer zones, grid
refinement or scheduling options.
Currently, I am not finding the explicit problem, and, I observe that my
tracer particles are evolved fine in the less refined regions (e.g.,
further away from the origin). For example, I may set up 500 particles
and in the first evolution step the interpolation produces 112
nans/infs. Throughout the further evolution, the remaining 388 particles
(the ones the most far away from the origin) are evolved fine.
Therefore, I assume I am missing something in my understanding of the
interpolation routines. Has somebody encountered similar problems or an
idea where I could direct my debugging to overcome the interpolations to
NaNs/Infs?
Thank you very much and my best from Valencia
Jens