Hello everyone,
I am Zhi-Chao Zhao from Beijing Normal University, China.
I am using EinsteinToolkit and IllinoisGRMHD to simulate BNS merge.
I use a par file modified from
https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns_diagnostics/src/master/NSNS_pa…
.
I just add one line
"VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_inside_sphere__radius[6] =
270.89015422746235".
The initial data is got from Zach Etienne.
The program runs without error, however there is no eject during the merge.
Two videos:
https://gogo.treenew.be/rho_b_movie.mpghttps://gogo.treenew.be/rho_b_log_movie.mpg
And "restmass. Init. IN sphere @ (0.000000e+00,0.000000e+00,0.000000e+00),
r=2.708902e+02. Moves/Tracks AMR Centre -1/-1" is increasing.
One figure:
https://gogo.treenew.be/newplot.png
I don't know where I went wrong. Can anyone help me?
Hello,
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:00 am US central time on Thursdays. For details on how to connect
and what agenda items are to be discussed, use the link below.
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page#Weekly_Users_Call
--The Maintainers
Hi Bilal, I assume by "ADM" you mean "EinsteinBase::ADMBase?"
Can you tell us (1) what operating system you're on, (2) what version of
the einstein toolkit you're using? (3) show us the exact error message?
(4) show us what command you are using to compile?
Thanks.
--Steve
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Users] meeting minutes for 2020-02-06
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 23:35:06 +0500
From: bilal hameed awan <bilalhameedawan962(a)gmail.com>
To: Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt(a)cct.lsu.edu>
Dear Brandt Sir,
Sir I am trying to run module weylscal4. I
get an error missing thorn "ADM", issue is I can't find any thorn
..../ADM in thornlist.
Please help me.
Regards
Bilal Hameed.
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 9:29 PM Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt(a)cct.lsu.edu
<mailto:sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu>> wrote:
OK, I have this imported from SVN:
https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/cactuscode
Some of you already have commit rights on it. I'm happy to have more.
We apparently have a docker image in
https://github.com/stevenrbrandt/et-websites already... and
apparently I made it, though I don't remember doing so. Maybe I'm
older than I think.
What I need is someone to help with the content.
--Steve
On 2/11/2020 10:04 AM, Steven R. Brandt wrote:
>
>
> On 2/11/2020 8:21 AM, Ian Hinder wrote:
>>
>>
>>> On 10 Feb 2020, at 16:37, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt(a)cct.lsu.edu
>>> <mailto:sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu>> wrote:
>>>
>>> So the question is, what do we do about the website? We don't
>>> have the time, person-power, or budget to maintain it. At
>>> present, the website is full of things that are horribly out of
>>> date and likely does more harm than good for anyone reading it.
>>>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> For time, person power and budget, how would this change if it
>> were moved to be under the ET website?
>
> I don't have a dollar or hour figure, but the svn repo is
> maintained by CCT, which sits on a server which has to be upgraded
> from time to time and there are svn client server version issues,
> etc. Similar issues apply to the webserver. The machine has to be
> upgraded from time to time, which includes going and getting new
> docs, etc. If we put a webserver on github and served
> cactuscode.org <http://cactuscode.org> out of a docker image like
> we do for the ET, that would simplify upgrades and refreshing. It
> would also help us to document what the website does and make it
> possible to host it elsewhere if that ever becomes necessary or
> desirable.
>
> My belief is that if we want to keep a cactuscode.org
> <http://cactuscode.org> website, we should all help in updating it
> and making it worthwhile.
>
>>
>> Is the issue related to keeping the content up-to-date, or
>> infrastructure issues like maintaining a separate webserver etc?
> Mostly, it's keeping the content relevant, but the website updated
> and running is a bit of a hassle too.
>>
>> Deleting content which is out of date would help.
> Right, but there's a lot of content and I don't have the time to
> go through it all--I don't think anyone does. I think we need to
> ask what the minimum thing is that we want. What are the critical
> set of pages?
>>>
>>> We could make a website that's just a few well-chosen pages with
>>> a similar template to the ETK.
>>>
>> Reducing the amount of administrative duplication is certainly
>> desirable.
>
> It's more than desirable IMHO, it's necessary. Also, in recent
> months we've been working to decentralize administration and make
> sure that more than one person knows how to keep various things
> running. This is another opportunity to continue that trend.
>
> --Steve
>
>>
>> --
>> Ian**Hinder
>> Research Software Engineer
>> University of Manchester, UK
>>
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users(a)einsteintoolkit.org <mailto:Users@einsteintoolkit.org>
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Present: Bill, Christopher, Helvi, Liu, Maria, Peter, Roland, Steve,
Yosef, Zach
* Steve presented on the current state of presync
** all tests pass if presync is disabled
** working towards getting all tests passing with presync enabled
** Steve is merging in changes from master making sure things work again
** Fortran thorn are now working
** aim to have in ET in next release
** can go into master once there is interest and it does no harm
** interest in having it hooked up to NRPy+ on the code generation level
* Are we ready to turn off CactusCode.org?
** all in favor for moving
** Zach has some links to CactusCode.org that are in NRPy+ docs and
that should be considered for a redirection
** https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2328 for
suggested changes
* Zach's group has static trumped initial data thorn that, using
correct gauge conditions gives static evolution
*
https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/zachetienne/nrpytutorial/blob/master/Tu…
for the initial data, gauge condition notebook still to come
* Steve and Roland reported on issues with tutorial server apparently
caused by timeouts
** Roland looking into alternative IO systems
** would also consider to migrate to somewhere else
** check if we can increase timeout values for jupyterhub to prevent
the notebooks loosing their connection to the kernel
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Hello,
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:00 am US central time on Thursdays. For details on how to connect
and what agenda items are to be discussed, use the link below.
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page#Weekly_Users_Call
--The Maintainers
Hi all,
I am running ETK (2019_10) on a home built cluster consisting of two nodes (8 cores, 16 threads, 64GB 4.3 GHz each). I just finished my second node and am trying to run a simulation (BBHMedRes) over both nodes. For starters I am just running one process (one thread per process) on each node. When I execute my simfactory submit command, I get one process with one thread on the node I submitted the simulation on. However, I get one process with 16 threads on the second node which I don't want. When I run on just the first node, the number of processes and threads per process I get are just what I specify in the simfactory submit command. If I submit the simulation on the second node and just run on the second node I get processs/threads just what I specify in the simfactory submit command. Its only when I run on multiply nodes that don't get the # of processes/threads that I specify. Is there something I am doing wrong? I am using OpenMPI.
Thanks for any help, Tony...
Relevant data is:
1. RunScript:
#!/bin/sh
# This runscript is used internally by simfactory as a template during the
# sim setup and sim setup-silent commands
# Edit at your own risk
echo "Preparing:"
set -x # Output commands
set -e # Abort on errors
cd @RUNDIR@-active
echo "Checking:"
pwd
hostname
date
echo "Environment:"
export CACTUS_NUM_PROCS=@NUM_PROCS@
export CACTUS_NUM_THREADS=@NUM_THREADS@
export GMON_OUT_PREFIX=gmon.out
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=@NUM_THREADS@
env | sort > SIMFACTORY/ENVIRONMENT
echo "Starting:"
export CACTUS_STARTTIME=$(date +%s)
if [ ${CACTUS_NUM_PROCS} = 1 ]; then
if [ @RUNDEBUG@ -eq 0 ]; then
@EXECUTABLE@ -L 3 @PARFILE@
else
gdb --args @EXECUTABLE@ -L 3 @PARFILE@
fi
else
mpirun --hostfile /home/mpiuser/mpi-hosts -np @NUM_PROCS@ @EXECUTABLE@ -L 3 @PARFILE@
fi
echo "Stopping:"
date
echo "Done."
2. mpi-hosts file:
localhost slots=1
RZNode2 slots=1
3. simfactory submit command: ./simfactory/bin/sim submit BBHMedRes --parfile=par/BBHMedRes.par --procs=2 --num-smt=1 --num-threads=1 --ppn-used=1 --ppn=1 --wallt
ime=99:0:0 | cat
4. Machine file on first node (RZNode1):
[RZNode1]
# This machine description file is used internally by simfactory as a template
# during the sim setup and sim setup-silent commands
# Edit at your own risk
# Machine description
nickname = RZNode1
name = RZNode1
location = somewhere
description = Whatever
status = personal
# Access to this machine
hostname = RZNode1
aliaspattern = ^generic\.some\.where$
# Source tree management
sourcebasedir = /home/Cactus
optionlist = generic.cfg
submitscript = generic.sub
runscript = generic.run
make = make -j@MAKEJOBS@
basedir = /home/mpiuser/simulations
ppn = 1 # was 16
max-num-threads = 1 # was 16
num-threads = 1 # was 16
nodes = 2
submit = exec nohup @SCRIPTFILE@ < /dev/null > @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.out 2> @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.err & echo $!
getstatus = ps @JOB_ID@
stop = kill @JOB_ID@
submitpattern = (.*)
statuspattern = "^ *@JOB_ID@ "
queuedpattern = $^
runningpattern = ^
holdingpattern = $^
exechost = echo localhost
exechostpattern = (.*)
stdout = cat @SIMULATION_NAME@.out
stderr = cat @SIMULATION_NAME@.err
stdout-follow = tail -n 100 -f @SIMULATION_NAME@.out @SIMULATION_NAME@.err
5. Machine file on second node (RZNode2):
[RZNode2]
# This machine description file is used internally by simfactory as a template
# during the sim setup and sim setup-silent commands
# Edit at your own risk
# Machine description
nickname = RZNode2
name = RZNode2
location = somewhere
description = Whatever
status = personal
# Access to this machine
hostname = RZNode2
aliaspattern = ^generic\.some\.where$
# Source tree management
sourcebasedir = /home/ET_2019_10
optionlist = generic.cfg
submitscript = generic.sub
runscript = generic.run
make = make -j@MAKEJOBS@
basedir = /home/mpiuser/simulations
ppn = 1
max-num-threads = 1
num-threads = 1
nodes = 1
submit = exec nohup @SCRIPTFILE@ < /dev/null > @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.out 2> @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.err & echo $!
getstatus = ps @JOB_ID@
stop = kill @JOB_ID@
submitpattern = (.*)
statuspattern = "^ *@JOB_ID@ "
queuedpattern = $^
runningpattern = ^
holdingpattern = $^
exechost = echo localhost
exechostpattern = (.*)
stdout = cat @SIMULATION_NAME@.out
stderr = cat @SIMULATION_NAME@.err
stdout-follow = tail -n 100 -f @SIMULATION_NAME@.out @SIMULATION_NAME@.err
[https://email.osu.edu/owa/attachment.ashx?id=RgAAAAAb%2fHy0wVvTSoHQx8OJXAaL…]
Anthony Shoup PhD, Senior Lecturer
College of Arts & Sciences, College of Engineering Departments of Physics, Astronomy, EEIC
315 Science Bldg. | 4250 Campus Dr. Lima, OH 45807
419-995-8018 Office | 419-516-2257 Mobile
shoup.31(a)osu.edu<https://email.osu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=j5WpnJiBk0W5oVlCbtvB-xiCkA_lbdEIi9hl…> osu.edu<https://email.osu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=j5WpnJiBk0W5oVlCbtvB-xiCkA_lbdEIi9hl…>
Einstein Toolkit Zoom Meeting
10:00 am, Thursday Jan. 30, 2020
Present:
Steven, Phillip, Zach, Maria, Peter, Roland, Vasilli, Bruno, Christopher, Eric, Liu, Yosef
Call Chair: Peter
Minute Taker: Maria
Peter opens the meeting.
Steven reports on his work on removing the old cacuscode.org web page, and creating a new version on the ETK web page (http://einsteintoolkit.org/cactuscode.html). He requests critiques in order to proceed forward.
He is the main organizer of the upcoming US ETK Workshop at LSU and also requests critique on the announcement (https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/LSU_Workshop_2020)
Phillips brings news about the EU ETK Workshop, to take place in Amsterdam this year. As main organizer, he requests input and suggestions on the best dates.
Bruno, as one of the previous organizers, offers helpful suggestions regarding dates (between June and September), as well as number of participants, recommending as a preferable date when school is in session, to attract students.
Roland recommends two dates to avoid: during the LIGO meeting, and the LSU ETK workshop.
Phillips reported venue constraints, especially when the school is in session, and will report back next week.
Next on the agenda was Vasilli's update on the Spherical NR working group. (link slides?).
After his presentation, Bruno asked if is it possible to start evolving the data in cartesian coordinate, and then to transfer to spherical.
Vasilli answered that as for now, there is no module to do that, but in the future, if there is need for it, it can be done, similar to the way cartesian Initial Data is read in the spherical code.
Maria asked for details on the interpolation, and Vasilli explained.
Roland pointed towards a link (address?) that shows how ETK handles the interpolation from cartesian to any grid.
Roland asked if the vector-potential implementation in spherical coordinates can be used in plain cartesian coordinates in GRHydro.
Vasilli confirmed that it can be done, although the outer boundary conditions need to be changed, and the right hand side correction due to spherical coordinates needs to be zero. He also said that he did not look in detail into the mesh refinement.
Next, Roland gave a report on the ETK status, all is updated with the exception of the SelfForce. He requested a1D wave train example to be included in the gallery.
Peter recommended to add the request for features as an open issue, then reviewed the agenda and what was discussed regarding the Cactus and the LSU workshop web pages. He recommended to send comments directly to Steve.
Lastly, Roland reported that, as at his call nobody stepped forward offering to coordinate for the next ETK release, he will undertake this job.
Peter suggested the idea of finding a volunteer to help Roland and to learn, in order to do this next time.
At Zach's suggestion, the rota for the next two meetings was established as well.
Roland reported that nothing has changed regarding with the tickets, email list and open issues.
Peter concluded that no further items are left to discuss, and ended this meeting.
_______________________
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754
Hello,
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:00 am US central time on Thursdays. For details on how to connect
and what agenda items are to be discussed, use the link below.
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page#Weekly_Users_Call
--The Maintainers