I just committed several corrections to a benign build dependency
error that led to unnecessary rebuilds of many source files whenever a
ccl file was modified.
Several thorns in ExternalLibraries create a file called "done" to
indicate that they are finished configuring their external
dependencies, and that other thorns can now build their source files.
In several cases, these "done" files were touched (modified)
unnecessarily when the external dependencies were unchanged. Via a
chain of dependencies, this triggered rebuilds of many source files in
many thorns, in particular Fortran source files.
-erik
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter(a)gmail.com>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
Present: Eloisa, Frank, Ian, Matt, Steve, Roland, Peter
ET workshop:
* all is fine
* LSU personel had some problems during registration, Eloisa and Bruno will follow up
Tickets marked for release:
* Frank and Steve to look into parameter parsing changes
* drop changes in https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1837 since exact inversion symmetry is very difficult to maintain in the code
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Hi. Today's silly question:
I'm trying to use SimulationTools to work with some Carpet HDF5 data.
I've loaded SimulationTools & h5mma with no apparent issues, but this
line fails:
> ToDataRegion[ ImportHDF5[ "<full path to mydata.h5", {"Datasets", "mydataset"}]]
... with the error message:
LinkObject::linkd: Unable to communicate with closed link
LinkObject['/Users/bjkelly1/Library/Mathematica/Applications/h5mma/MacOSX-x86-64/h5mma',397,6].
>>
I can verify that the executable is where that error message says it
is, and it's world-runnable. Any ideas why it's not working?
thanks
Beany
P.S. I've never used SimulationTools or h5mma before. I followed the
simple installation instructions from
http://simulationtools.org/Documentation/English/Tutorials/Introduction.html
Hello Frank,
the tarball of LORENE in svn currently contains a known (and fixed)
bug, so I would like to update it. Yet, given that you found that
LORENE updated its file format a while ago, I was wondering if you knew
what the last version before the file format update was so that I could
use that one for the tarball.
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Hello all,
just to be sure (I read McLachlan_BSSN.m but want to be sure): it is
currently not possible to run a simulation using ML using shift
advection beta^i\partial_i but without upwinding the advection
derivatives, is it? Such an option is useful for simulations without
black holes where one can potentially safe a ghost zone by using only
centred stencils.
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Present: Frank, Roland, Steve, Peter, Matt, Josh, Erik, Zach, Jonah, Elo
There will be no ET call next week due to labour day/Thanksgiving
weekend in North America.
IllnoisGRMHD:
* report is with Zach, was send via private email
* separate repo is fine, Zach will create a repository
* volunteer needed for the compatibility thorn
* Zach will move compatibility thorns into same repo as IllinoisGRMHD
GetComponents on OSX:
* no OSX user has written
* Roland will propose a patch
simfactory on BeeGFS:
* Erik will look into Bruno's proposed patch
writing timeseries data into hdf5:
* Frank would like to use this for things like the Hamiltonian norm
* HDF5 supports extensible datasets, an example on how to use this is
the HDF5 output of Multipole
SPH in Cactus:
* Matt has a more or less working version of SPH on grid background
* came out of work at a national lab on generic grid methods
* currently linked in a shared objects for mesh handling and nearest
neighbour finding
* currently writing his thesis, so code is not changing much right now
* load balancing through bisection initially then times the RHS and
neighbour looked up push particles around
* no octree, instead a hierarchical hash
* particle to grid data currently uses SPH approximation for Tmunu at
gridpoints of Cactus grid
* will arrange for time for presentation through mailing list
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.