Hi Frank.
Good questions, and I was going to give you a detailed answer (remote SLES cluster; only one older version of Git available, etc.), but then the problem went away. That is, I switched to the only older version of Git available (1.7.3.4), checked it all out OK, and then switched back to 1.8.5.2, where everything worked again.
So I don't know if it was a temporary Git server issue on ET's end, or something that got "refreshed" at my end by switching Git modules, but the problem's gone away. I think.
Thanks for your help, anyway,
Bernard
On 1/27/14 4:06 PM, "Frank Loeffler" knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:16:29PM +0000, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Can anyone help/advise? The version of Git installed on this machine is "1.8.5.2".
My first guess would be a problem with that version/installation of git. Did you compile it yourself? Are updates available? Did you recently update either git or openssl? What kind of system/OS is this? Do other versions of git work?
Frank