Dear Professor Khanal
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 05:06:58PM +0000, Udayaraj Khanal wrote:
Dear allI have created a batch queue script and submitted it to queue an example simulation static_tov as in tutorial for new user. Then I checked the status by ./simfactory/bin/sim list-simulations. I got static_tov [ACTIVE (FINISHED), restart 0000, job id -1]. Does this signifies the completion of the simulation?When I logged in by ssh -Y qb.loni.org and give command cd /scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/static_tovNo such file or directory. Is it due to not completion of the simulation?How much time does it take to complete a simulation? I have submitted it almost a week before.
The time a simulation needs after submission depends on both the time the actual simulation needs and the time it has to wait in the queue. static_tov should be pretty quick, but queue times are hard to predict. Right now, no job is queued by ettest52, so I assumed it has finished, one way or another.
One way to see what has been going on is to look in the directory
/scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov
I cannot see inside myself (insufficient permissions), but things to look out for are:
- Does this directory actually exist? If it doesn't, submission itself went wrong. - If /scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/static_tov doesn't exist, it indicates that either the simulation wasn't run at all or didn't go very far, as creating that directory is one of the first things it does. - Do log files in /scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov/output-0000 exist (usually .err and .out)? These are created when the executable is run (containing stderr and stdout), and could contain the reason for an error. - If not even that exists, look inside /scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov/log.txt for possible errors.
Frank