Maria
Can you post your current configuration options?
Also, which MPI implementation are you using? Can you tell us the name and version number?
-erik
On May 26, 2010, at 15:02 , Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
Hello,
Yes, the "_ompi_" errors were because of that. I recompiled with OpenMPI, and those errors were resolved. However, I still have the second errors: Undefined symbols: "MPI::Comm::Set_errhandler(MPI::Errhandler const&)", referenced from: vtable for MPI::Intercomm in libthorn_CarpetSlab.a(mapping.cc.o) etc... "MPI::Win::Set_errhandler(MPI::Errhandler const&)", referenced from: vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetSlab.a(mapping.cc.o) etc... ld: symbol(s) not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Do you have any suggestion about this error?
Maria ________________________________________ From: Frank Loeffler [knarf@cct.lsu.edu] Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:42 PM To: Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] compilation problem on 10.6.3 macbook pro
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:34:10AM -0400, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
I am trying to compile a thorn arrangement for the qc0- mclachlan.par parameter file, with the einsteintoolkit.th on a macbook pro 10.6.3 intel core i7. I have attached the configuration file I am using and the output of the compilation errors. The errors are of type: Undefined symbols: "_ompi_mpi_comm_null", referenced from: MPI::Cartcomm::Clone() const in libthorn_CarpetSlab.a (mapping.cc.o) etc.... "MPI::Win::Set_errhandler(MPI::Errhandler const&)", referenced from: vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetSlab.a(mapping.cc.o)
ompi_mpi_comm_null is a symbol from openmpi. Your configuration includes MPICH however, but has openmpi commented out. I guess some files are still linked against openmpi. Please delete the whole configuration (under configs/) and start from scratch.
Frank Loeffler
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users