Hi Roland,
This looks very good. We had talked about adding darcs support, but I haven't had time to familiarize myself with darcs and add support for it. I actually made the same fix to the error catching earlier today, but was unable to commit it. Luckily that has been resolved. I added your patch, and everything is working nicely.
Thanks,
Eric
On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:15 PM, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello all,
I had played around with converting our codebase to the new directory layout (so far it compiles without problems) and found it useful to add darcs support to GetComponents. For this I copied the git routines and did a s/git/darcs/ (almost literally just that).
Also slightly changed how git, darcs and hg create links by using Perl's File::Spec->abs2rel function to create relative paths. This avoids the hard-coded assumption that git-repos is two directory levels above the target.
Finally I added close($output) statements to run_command which seem to be necessary to catch the return value of 'which'. Otherwise GetComponents does not seem to detect that there is no darcs eg. on Ranger.
If these seem like good things to have, would it be possible to add them to GetComponents?
Yours, Roland <GetComponents.patch>_______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users