Hello I have some other small questions and requests on simfactory.
1) I would like the name of the simulation and the output directory to be different. (The name of the simulation should be short in order to be meaningful (visible in the queueing system) while the name of the output directory can be long, in order to properly describe its content.) Is this possible?
2) I would like to have a single file containing both sdtout and stderr from the job. I tried to insert #$ -j y into simfactory/mdb/submitscripts/ranger-intel11.sub (which is what I am using) and to remove the lines
#$ -o @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.out #$ -e @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.err
but this didn't sort the wanted effect (i.e. the stdout and stderr are still in separate files). How can I achieve this?
3) How can one change the default warning level in the cactus run (the simfactory default is -L 3)?
4) For some reason (maximum core count exceeded), my job was rejected from the queueing system, so it never started and I received no notification email, and I was wondering what happened. Then I realised that actually the line "Submit finished, job id is 212....." was not printed by simfactory. Instead of simply not printing the final line, could simfactory print an error message in this case?
Best, Luca