On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 06:03:24AM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
OpenSSL: Configuring...
- cd openssl-1.0.0d
- ./config --prefix=/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/etk/scratch/external/OpenSSL
Operating system: i686-apple-darwinDarwin Kernel Version 10.7.4: Mon Apr 18 21:24:17 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.14.12~3/RELEASE_X86_64 WARNING! If you wish to build 64-bit library, then you have to invoke './Configure darwin64-x86_64-cc' *manually*. You have about 5 seconds to press Ctrl-C to abort. Configuring for darwin-i386-cc Configuring for darwin-i386-cc
I want 64 bit.
Ok, these are two issues. The first is that apparently the config script already figures out that the system is 64bit, but for some reason insists on 32bit anyway unless explicitly specified. I don't consider this to be a good practice, but there is already a patch, as you mentioned:
This patch only works together with this one, which you also mentioned:
Ian - I cannot test this patch easily. However, 342 looks fine and 339 should only make sure not to error/warn if CCTK_POINTER_SIZE isn't defined (wrap it in ""). I would apply both patches if either of you agrees to test them soonish.
So I tried setting OPENSSL_DIR = /usr in my options file, but it seems to have no effect.
This is the other, unrelated problem. It should have an effect, namely it shouldn't even try to build OpenSSL within Cactus. Can you send the log from the config-stage of Cactus? Of particular interest are lines like
OpenSSL selected, but OPENSSL_DIR not set. Checking some places... Building OpenSSL...
Be sure to do reconfigure your configuration with the new optionfile.
Plus I imagine the patch has already been applied in today's version of ETK.
I believe it hasn't been applied yet.
Frank