Hi Jimmy,
This is a common issue with spectral representation of various fluid quantities including the density. The easiest fix is, instead of interpolating the spectral solution, interpolate the enthalpy and recompute energy density, etc, as a function of enthalpy from the table or analytical EOS model. Hopefully that helps.
-Samuel =================================== Postdoctoral Researcher Institue for Theoretical Physics Goethe University Frankfurt https://relastro.uni-frankfurt.de/
From: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu To: users@einsteintoolkit.org Date: Jul 10, 2023 17:25:40 Subject: [Users] Fwd: energy and pressure fluctuation at the boundary of the initial BNS configuration generated by Lorene
Hello all,
This reached me due to problems registering in the user's list.
Since I am not an expert on ID and Jimmy was ok with me forwarding, I will pass this along:
Yours, Roland
Begin forwarded message:
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 22:25:35 +0800 (CST) From: 白济民 beki-cat@sjtu.edu.cn To: rhaas@illinois.edu Subject: energy and pressure fluctuation at the boundary of the initial BNS configuration generated by Lorene
Dear all,
When using Lorene to generate initial BNS data, I noticed, after drawing the energy and pressure distribution, there are some ripples (discontinuities) at the boundary of each star. When generating the initial data of lower binary mass, I noticed the discontinuities have become more notable and is not fit for running the follow-up numerical simulation. I add the energy distribution of the initial data of the standard mass BNS and the low mass BNS, respectively, in the attachment. It clearly shows the ripples at the star boundary. The enthalpy distribution is smooth in both case. I wonder how to fix this. Thanks for your help!
Thanks in advance, Jimmy
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .