Hello Dennis,
As far as the visualization tools go, I've installed:
- xgraph
- ygraph
- gnuplot
- matplotlib
Is there a well defined procedure of how to ask to have more sofware installed ? I know I will need VisIt for example. Do I just ask for it or install it myself, then send you the commands I entered (captured from .bash_history)?
There was once a Linux installer for Vish on the sciviz.cct.lsu.edu site, but it's not there anymore. If it's one of the tools we intend to demonstrate I'd be happy to compile it from source after my midterm today. If there are any others, let me know and I'll add them.
There's one more thing... all the thorns compiled with either OpenMPI or MPICH2, but the linker fails at the very end with many undefined references to functions (some of them HDF5)... maybe there are options to link with external libraries that I haven't set? No doubt an experienced user could spot the root of the problem more easily than I.
Most likely it was looking for C++ or Fortran HDF5 bindings which are not installed by the usual systems. Also I think Debian now puts hdf5 in a weird spot so that Cactus does not find all of it (or not the Fortran .mod file or some such thing).
Yours, Roland