Hello all,
closing off this thread. Federico responded to me in private email stating that after installing Ubuntu 18.04 from scratch the error went away.
Yours, Roland
Dear EinsteiToolkit user support,
I am recently experiencing some issues compiling the ETK standard thornlist (version "Mayer") on my Workstation with Ubuntu 18.04 as OS.
Once I could compile the ETK (version "Tesla") correctly but after some recent upgrades, I cannot compile any thornlist within my machine. So I tried downloading the ETK most recent version (namely "Mayer) and build the standar thornlist from scratch, but I am always getting the same error.
I attach the compilation output of my last trial (namely the "ET" configuration). In order to build the ET configuration, I used the following command:
./simfactory/bin/sim build ET --machine=WS03 --thornlist=./thornlists/ einsteintoolkit.th >& compilation.out
The WS03 machine was defined by me in a "standard" way, and the WS03.ini file is calling the generic.cfg, generic.run and generic.sub files.
The current version of gcc, g++, gfortran and cpp compilers that I am using are the 7.4.0 GNU ones, although I tried also the 5.5 and 8.3 ones (always getting the same error). In order to set the version of the compiler, I am currently using the following command (for gcc - for the other compiler it is equivalent):
sudo update-alternatives --config gcc
As you can see, the last lines in the compilation.out files are the following:
Checking status of thorn CalcK COMPILING EinsteinAnalysis/CalcK/src/CalcK.F90 f951: Fatal Error: Reading module ‘cctk’ at line 1310 column 20: Unexpected EOF compilation terminated. /home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/config-data/make.config.rules:409: recipe for target 'CalcK.F90.o' failed make[3]: *** [CalcK.F90.o] Error 1 /home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:112: recipe for target 'make.checked' failed make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 /home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:181: recipe for target '/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/lib/libthorn_CalcK.a' failed make[1]: *** [/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/lib/libthorn_CalcK.a] Error 2 Makefile:256: recipe for target 'ET' failed make: *** [ET] Error 2
Do you have any suggestions for me?
Best regards, Federico Cipolletta.