Hello Gabriele,
Thanks for the response. Does this mean that the final (3D) output of the thorn is also in isotropic coordinates?
Cheers, CJ ________________________________ From: Gabriele Bozzola bozzola.gabriele@gmail.com Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2024 5:33 PM To: CJ Osakwe cuosakwe@ucalgary.ca Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] TOVSolver interpolation algorithm
[△EXTERNAL]
Hi CJ Osakwe,
1D and 3D solutions look different because different coordinate systems are being used, so the meaning of "radius" changes. More specifically, Schwarzschild coordinates in 1D, but 3D interpolation is performed with isotropic coordinates, which tend to be better behaved for numerical relativity simulations.
You can find more information here: https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/EinsteinInitialData/TOVSolver/documen...
Best, Gabriele
On Fri, Sep 13, 2024 at 10:31 AM CJ Osakwe <cuosakwe@ucalgary.camailto:cuosakwe@ucalgary.ca> wrote: Hello,
Thank you for your response to my previous inquiry. I am now trying to model a hybrid star in the Einstein Toolkit, and I have some questions about the algorithm in the TOVSolver thorn that takes the 1D solution to the TOV equations and interpolates it to the 3D grid.
I was able to extract the 1D data and plot it, but when I do, the pressure v. radius and density v. radius relations noticeably change (they both decrease sooner and reach zero sooner in the 3D case than the 1D case). I am wondering why this happens, and if it should be expected.
Cheers, CJ Osakwe
_______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users