Hello all, Bruno,
Before this takes on a live of its own:
I re-did my own tests and found no more differences after a single Euler step.
The issue that caused me to think there were differences before were:
* I had looked at the wrong column in norms output and mistaken an "average" norm for a "maximum" norm (and the average will change due to different orders of values being summed up)
* I still think I see a difference in values for points that are at the same location on different refinement levels (which should also not be in a vertex centered run), but those seem the same no matter whether I use 4 or 8 MPI ranks (also a bug if true, but of different kind)
Regarding the BNS issues, is it something due to when you recover from checkpoint?
Maybe, I don't know.
In Whisky we had an issue related to that due to Con2Prim running after recovery from checkpoint.
Yes, I had pointed it out in the past to Michal.
For those one can set:
MoL::run_MoL_PostStep_in_Post_Recover_Variables = "no"
which as Bruno said, disables the extra con2prim after checkpoint recovery.
Yours, Roland