OK, so copying data in CCTK_PRESTEP seems to work.
My next question is, I think, trickier... My par file looks something like this
Carpet::time_refinement_factors = "[1,1]" Time::timestep_method = "given" Time::timestep = 0.05 Carpet::prolongation_order_time = 0 ...
Unfortunately, when I try to run the code I get this:
WARNING level 0 from host 18-5e-f-12-9b-2a.wlan.lsu.edu process 0 while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine) in thorn CarpetLib, file /home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/gdata.cc:375: -> Internal error: extrapolation in time. variable=FUNWAVE::eta time=0 times=[0.050000000000000003] cactus_sim: /home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:269: int Carpet::Abort(const cGH*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
It's trying to get data from the same time level, but it seems to only have the wrong one.
My theory is that prolongation_order_time = 1 is going to give me what I want, because it's going to prolong to one of the endpoints (the code runs, at least). Does this mean that prolongation_order_time = 0 is broken?
Cheers, Steve
On 01/05/2016 01:06 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Steve
If a grid variable has multiple time levels, then it will be cycled at the beginning of every time step. You need to copy the past to the current time level after time level cycling to preserve the previous behaviour.
-erik
On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
In the code I'm working on, I have a set of variables living at a single timestep. For various reasons, I want to shift to having them at two timelevels, but simply making the change in interface and schedule results in failure to run old test suites. Is there a recipe I should be following to make this work?
Cheers, Steve _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users