-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello all,
On 2013-06-10 10:50, Roland Haas wrote:
Present: Vassili, Peter, Erik, Ian, Philipp, Yosef
I forgot to put into the minutes that there was also the suggestion of moving to a different conferencing system other than the current one (eg a web based one offering chats and/or screen sharing). No consensus was reached. If possible I would however very much like to avoid using WebCT until the company has fixed their compatibility issues with 64-bit linux installations. Currently one has to install a 32bit copy of java and a browser to make it work under linux. We tried this once for Christian Reisswig's seminar talk and it was rather difficult. Once these issues are fixed, the system seems quite nice. The big advantage (over other, open-source solutions) would be that it should allow phone-line call-ins out of the box. An alternative web-only solution is to use the BigBlueButton server that Frank Loeffler runs at http://bbb.cct.lsu.edu/demo/ET.jsp However I find the chat function there to be not so great. Screen sharing works but only one person can share her screen. Finally calling in from a phone is not possible out-of-the-box (though possibly LSU can do something about that).
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.