Roland
You can also use Spack, and say "spack install funhpc"...
This is what I'm doing, but I might be driving out the devil with beelzebub.
-erik
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Erik, all,
You need to install these packages:
depends_on('cereal') depends_on('googletest') depends_on('hwloc') depends_on('jemalloc') depends_on('mpi') depends_on('qthreads')Thank you for the list, it would have taken me a while to find out which packages are needed (most I already have installed I think).
Then you can call cmake, pointing it to these packages in "the usual
way", Uff, unfortunately I am not familiar at all with cmake. So "the usual way" was no help for me, but I will certainly try giving -DCEREAL_ROOT etc. a try. Is there a "how to use cmake for dummies" tutorial anywhere? In the past I always found that cmake --help is not useful in telling me what -D options I could set (not that the competition, eg autoconf necessarily does any better in this respect though).
i.e. by passing flags such as "-DCEREAL_ROOT=..." etc. to cmake. If you have pkg-config installed, then cmake should also be able to use it to
find
external packages if PKG_CONFIG_PATH (?) is set pointing to them.
That should be no problem for most of them since they are mostly Debian packages.
The ".travis.yml" file in FunHPC might also be a good starting point,
although
it is based on Ubuntu 14.04 and thus a bit more complicated than
necessary. Hmm, that is different again now. I will try and see if I can understand what it does.
Thanks for the pointers. With this I should hopefully get the current master of funhpc working on my laptop again (for faster turnaround and the ability to code while on planes).
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .