hi all,
many thanks for the many replies, in particular to Jonah for providing the parameter file! i have just a couple of follow up questions:
- what sort of boundary conditions are imposed on the evolved variables inside the excised region, and how is this controlled?
- would it then be possible to do this dynamically, ie, start excising only when a certain condition (like formation of an apparent horizon) is fulfilled?
and for my purposes having a single excised region is fine, the setup i have in mind would be a collapse to a single black hole.
thanks, Miguel
On 27/03/17 16:59, Jonah Miller wrote:
Hi Miguel,
I'm not sure about excising dynamically during evolution--maybe someone else has insight there. However, excision is definitely possible. I have been using the sixpatches Llama thorn to perform excision for a single black hole. I attach a parameter file to excise a Kerr-Schild black hole that I based my simulations on.
Best,
Jonah
On 2017-03-27 05:01 AM, Miguel Zilhão wrote:
hi all,
i was wondering whether one could straightforwardly use the ET to perform black hole evolutions using excision instead of punctures.
specifically, i had in mind a collapsing configuration where i'd like to excise the inner domain once a black hole horizon is formed... is this possible? i had a look around and noticed the LegoExcision thorn, but i'm not sure whether it's actively maintained, nor whether it can interface with McLachlan...
thanks, Miguel _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users