On 12 Jul 2016, at 10:23, Michael Clark michael.clark@gatech.edu wrote:
Hello,
I have a system of equations for time derivatives of the form A(udot) = b, where A is a symmetric matrix, udot is a vector of time derivatives to solve for, and b is a vector of right-hand sides.
I'd like to compute the udot vector using Kranc, as the vector b involves a great deal of tensor math that I would like to use TensorTools for.
What options do I have to solve this problem?
In particular, the form of the matrix A does not change in time--only the values of its nonzero entries would vary. If it could be factored or inverted symbolically so that the time-varying quantities could be input to it at each step, I think that would be ideal, rather than running a full matrix-inversion or factorization at every step.
Hi Michael,
A few questions:
– Is this a linear system, so that A(udot) = A . udot, or is A a general matrix-valued function of udot?
– How large is the matrix A?
– If you have a general symbolic form for A, can you compute its inverse in Mathematica, or is it too complicated?