Hello Samuel,
Sorry for the long delay in responding. We are experiencing some issues with the mailing list making incoming emails not be correctly forwarded all the time.
Thank you for your interest in the toolkit.
The thorns in the Canuda repository (ScalarBase, ScalarEvolve, etc.) would indeed seem to be suitable for your application and somewhat similar research is being done in Helvi Witek's research group at UIUC, who is also one of the maintainers and authors of the Canuda code.
I believe that e.g. initial data can be produces using eg the TwoPunctures_KerrProca thorn (or a slight modification of it if a scalar rather than a Proca field is required).
I have put her and the other maintainers (as listed in the README file) in CC. They may most likely be able to provide more detailed comments (or redirect you to a colleague closer to your timezone that can help).
Yours, Roland
Hi!
My name is Samuel Gómez, physics student doing his master in Uppsala university, Sweden. Currently I am doing my master thesis with Joshua Eby from Stockholm University about the phenomenology of Gravitational Atoms around Neutron Stars and Black Holes.
I would like to perform numerical simulations for a BH binary merger around a scalar cloud with EinsteinToolkit. From now, I have been able to simulate the example of the TOV star given in the EinteinToolkit official page in my laptop and soon I will gain access to a computer cluster where I hopefully will be able to install the Toolkit and perform a simulation for the example of a binary merger. But my aim is to be able to perform, maybe in its simplest version, a simulation of a merger around a scalar field, extracting information about both the evolution of the BHs and the scalar field itself.
The problem I face is that I am not sure at all if I will be able to do it without any parameter file. As far as I understood, my current version of the Toolkit already has installed thorns related with the implementation of a scalar field (if I am not mistaken, one example is ScalarBase). I thus send this email asking if it is possible to obtain a parameter file for simulating this scenario, or to provide me with any information about an existing tutorial on how to write one. Something like this would help me a lot. I would appreciate any answer.
Thanks!