On 21 Feb 2019, at 15:42, Haas, Roland <rhaas@illinois.edumailto:rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Stale example parfiles * suggestion to at least run the example parfiles through cactus_sim -S to test that the parfile are at least parsable * could be made part of the jenkins tests
Hi,
I did a little bit of work on testing the example parameter files at one of the ET workshops. There are notes at
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Fixing_examples
See also https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/641/parameter-files-and..., where this is discussed. Unfortunately, the web page with the results that this page points to no longer exists. I have looked briefly for the script I wrote to do this test, and sadly cannot find it.
Probably the suggestion to do this in Jenkins is a good one. Most of the parameter files don't need much memory or CPU time. We probably would need to blacklist those that do.
PS: there are broken links to trac tickets on the wiki. It would be good if trac.einsteintoolkit.orghttp://trac.einsteintoolkit.org redirected a link such as
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/641
to the relevant BitBucket ticket.
-- Ian Hinder Research Software Engineer University of Manchester, UK