On 25 Jan 2012, at 14:19, Jose Fiestas Iquira wrote:
Hello, Please correct me if the way to disable scalar output for complex grid functions is e.g. deleting the lines WEYLSCAL4::Psi4r and WEYLSCAL4::Psi4i below. They are the only I recognize as complex numbers. Which information am I loosing so?
Those are real numbers - we don't use the complex data type in WeylScal4. Maybe try disabling QuasiLocalMeasures? We have had problems with MPI with that thorn before (https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/495).
ActiveThorns = "CarpetIOScalar"
IOScalar::one_file_per_group = yes
IOScalar::outScalar_every = 128 IOScalar::outScalar_vars = " CarpetReduce::weight ADMBase::metric ADMBase::curv ADMBase::lapse ADMBase::shift ADMBase::dtlapse ADMBase::dtshift WEYLSCAL4::Psi4r WEYLSCAL4::Psi4i ML_ADMConstraints::ML_Ham ML_ADMConstraints::ML_mom SphericalSurface::sf_radius QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_newman_penrose QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_weyl_scalars QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_ricci_scalars QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_twometric QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_killing_vector QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_killed_twometric QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_invariant_coordinates QuasiLocalMeasures::qlm_3determinant
Thanks, Jose
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote: Jose
Some thorn requests a reduction for a complex datatype, which does not work with this MPI version. This should be corrected in later versions of Carpet. Alternatively, you can try e.g. disabling scalar output for complex grid functions.
-erik
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Jose Fiestas Iquira jafiestas@lbl.gov wrote:
Hello,
I am using WeylScal4 and Multipole thorns in McLachlan, and started a run using simfactory. It started well but stops after an MPI error. Before I get some warnings related to the parameters m_mode and l_mode. I am attaching the error file. It runs only for the initial time step zero.
Does somebody have probably a hint what is the best parameter setting? I am using following:
ActiveThorns = "WeylScal4 Multipole" WeylScal4::offset = 1e-8 WeylScal4::fd_order = "4th" WeylScal4::verbose = 0
Multipole::nradii = 8 Multipole::out_every = 128 Multipole::radius[0] = 15 Multipole::radius[1] = 30 Multipole::radius[2] = 40 Multipole::radius[3] = 50 Multipole::radius[4] = 60 Multipole::radius[5] = 70 Multipole::radius[6] = 80 Multipole::radius[7] = 90 Multipole::variables = "WeylScal4::Psi4r{sw=-2 cmplx='WeylScal4::Psi4i' name='Psi4'}" Multipole::l_mode = 4 Multipole::m_mode = 4
Thanks, Jose
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users