Dear Erik,
Thank you very much for the information!
Best wishes, Raimon
Missatge de Erik Schnetter schnetter@gmail.com del dia dc., 17 d’ag. 2022 a les 2:59:
Raimon
I would recommend using a multi-block system where the location of the boundary coincides with a coordinate plane. You will then need to implement the respective boundary condition yourself, by choosing those points which have respective grid point indices.
An alternative method might be to use embedded boundary conditions. I have not used these myself and know little about them, but they are used to apply boundary conditions with Cartesian grids that do not align with boundaries.
-erik
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 7:05 PM Raimon Luna raimonluna@gmail.com wrote:
Dear all,
I would like to know if there is any way ("hacky" or not) to implement
boundary conditions on some
variables on a sphere within the computational domain. In other words,
if there is a way to impose boundary conditions on some subset of the fields at some finite radial coordinate, smaller than the size of the computational domain, while letting the rest of the fields propagate freely until the boundary of such computational domain. I assume this would be easier with a multipatch system, but solutions for a Cartesian grid would also be ok.
Thank you very much for your attention!
Raimon _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@gmail.com http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/