Hello Camilo,
you are affected by gfortran-10 and gcc-10 reporting errors for code that compiled by gfortran-9 and gcc-9.
You can either try and uninstall gcc-10 and gfortran-10 or, most likely easier, edit the file simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg and change all gfortran-10, gcc-10, g++-10 to gfortran-9, gcc-9, g++-9 then reconfigure once more using the modified option list:
simfactory/bin/sim build --reconfig --optionlist simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg
There are also options you can add to F90FLAGS, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS to have gfortran-10 and gcc-10 revert to the old behaviour.
Please see these ET tickets for details:
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2403/compile-failure-wi...
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2406/cactus-fails-to-li...
The fixes developed in there and in a couple of other tickets (since the options are not a solution for the general case since they are compiler version specific) will be backported to the release branch as soon as they are fully tested and reviewed.
Yours, Roland
Dear Roland,
I removed the file campos@MacBook.ini, then I run echo >..., and ru n ./simfactory..., and it started to compile. It seems it finished with no problems (picture 12.06.24). When I tried to build the toolkit using the j2 option, it produced an error (picure 12.07.05) related to the Xcode, so I typed the command suggested by the error but at the end of the process it produced an error (pic 12.09.36)
I started the whole process again, updating the Xcode, refreshing all the prerequisites but I got the same error. I'm not sure if it's connected with the previous error with campos@MacBook. It does not look like though.
Thank you!
Best, Camilo
----- Message from Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu --------- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 16:53:01 -0500 From: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu Reply-To: rhaas@illinois.edu Subject: Re: [Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues To: Camilo Posada camilo.posada@physics.slu.cz
Hello Camilo,
Dear Roland,
I run the commands you mentioned but I keep getting the following erro
r:
Error: specified value campos@MacBook for key nickname does not match converted pattern ^[a-zA-Z0-9_+-.]+$
I keep seeing the same file: campos@MacBook.ini, in the mdb/machines directory, so I believe the problem is there. What do you think?
Well maybe. Depends on whether the file keeps reappearing if you delete it, then run
echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"
then run ./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent again.
The presence of the file alone is not the issue, only if it is actually used.
Certainly it cannot hurt to remove it to verify it is not being recreated. What has me more confused is that running these two commands
:
echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"
./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent
there should have been a file simfactory/mdb/machines/compos_MacBook.ini (ie with an underscore).
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support > encryptingand signing email messages. Get my PGP key from > http://pgp.mit.edu .
----- End message from Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu ----- Camilo Posada, Ph.D. Institute of Physics Silesian University in Opava Bezručovo nám. 13, CZ-74601 Opava