Yes, this is the way to do it.
-erik
On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 03:30 Chris Stevens c.stevens@ru.ac.za wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am in a situation where I want to call a function whose argument is just CCTK_ARGUMENTS from another thorn. I am aware of the following:
-- I can share functions defined between thorns through the interface.ccl of the thorns, but I do not know how to specify CCTK_ARGUMENTS in the interface file. I cannot seem to find the cctk_arguments.h header anywhere in the Cactus directory to see what the definition of this is?
-- I can call functions with argument CCTK_ARGUMENTS within the same thorn by using CCTK_PASS_CTOC.
As a current fix (copied from CTGamma code), I can write the function like
void test(CCTK_POINTER_TO_CONST _cctkGH) { const cGH* const cctkGH = _cctkGH; DECLARE_CCTK_ARGUMENTS; DECLARE_CCTK_PARAMETERS;
}
where this argument can now be passed through the interface file and seems to do a similar thing to CCTK_ARGUMENTS.
Any help to figure out the best way to do this would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris
Dr Chris Stevens
Claude Leon Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mathematics
Rhodes University
Room 5
Ph: +27 46 603 8932
Web: www.chrisdoesmaths.com _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users