Hello Steve,
cctk_alignment is new in the slew of Carpet related changes that were just recently pushed. Those changes concerned Cactus, Carpet and PUGH. Can you make sure you are running the very newest version of PUGH?
To answer your question: cctk_alignment should always be 1 for PUGH: --8<-- commit 1df75fdbf6f80805f58a0237dd0bc277bae75207 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Author: Erik Schnetter schnetter@gmail.com Date: Thu Feb 2 16:33:42 2017 -0500
PUGH: Initialize new cGH fields “cctk_alignment” and “cctk_alignment_offset”
diff --git a/PUGH/src/GHExtension.c b/PUGH/src/GHExtension.c index 9d3a641..e5b76ad 100644 --- a/PUGH/src/GHExtension.c +++ b/PUGH/src/GHExtension.c @@ -210,6 +210,8 @@ static void PUGH_InitGHBasics (cGH *GH) GH->cctk_ubnd[dim] = GFExtras->ub[mypGH->myproc][dim];
GH->cctk_ash[dim] = GH->cctk_lsh[dim]; + GH->cctk_alignment = 1; + GH->cctk_alignment_offset = 0; } } --8<--
Yours, Roland
I'm debugging a modification to Cactus, and something I've done has tripped an assertion error when running the RK2-central.par test. The message is:
cactus_sim: /home/sbrandt/et-tester/Cactus/configs/sim/build/TestMoL/Init.c:40: TestMoL_InitVars: Assertion `cctki0_ialn>0' failed.
The variable cctki0_ialn seems to get filled in from cctkGH->cctk_alignment, which is (as far as I can see) only set in mode.cc by carpet.
The test in question, however, uses PUGH.
Valgrind confirms that just before the assertion error, I am tripping a conditional depends on uninitialized value error. However, I don't see this same problem when running with the unmodified Cactus source--so somehow I've broken something relating to this infrastructure.
How and where is cctk_alignment supposed to get set when running PUGH? What should its value be? Thanks.
--Steve
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users