Bernard
The PGI compiler is often picky about what C++/OpenMP constructs it accepts. Do you want to try the Intel compiler instead? I've been using it successfully on Kraken.
-erik
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
Hi Erik.
Thanks for the advice. I commented out all references to "signbit", and to "kifpos" lower down, and it now gets through the Vectors thorn. I'm now hitting an issue with an omp pragma in CarpetLib, but that's a separate problem.
BTW, I just tried to create a ticket (about the signbit issue) on trac.einsteintoolkit.org, but ...
"Submission rejected as potential spam"
I thought it was the list of modules I put in, but even without them it gets blocked. Also, the TRAC system doesn't list the Maxwell release (ET_2011_10) as a possible "version", which makes it hard to give an accurate report.
Bernard
-- Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web: http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iph... bookid=13052
--
On 2/6/12 11:17 PM, "Erik Schnetter" schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Bernard
test.cc is just a self-test. You can try commenting out the respective code (or the whole routine), and see where this gets you.
Carpet (which may also use signbit) has a different, more complex logic to handle various levels of C++ compliance, and may actually still do the right thing.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
Hi all.
I recently checked out ETK Maxwell on the machine XSEDE machine Kraken, and am having trouble compiling and running a simple test case. The problem is with LSUThorns/Vectors/src/test.cc, where the "signbit" function is (apparently) undefined. No doubt the problem recurs with later source files, but I can't get past this one without abandoning Vectors and hence all of Carpet.
Now I can compile a "hello world" program in C invoking signbit.cc without a problem, as long as I include <math.h>, so presumably the ETK process is looking in the wrong location for this library or its headers.
Since Kraken is a "known" machine in ETK's simfactory, and lots of Numerical Relativity groups must have used it during the recently expired "NR-AR" allocation, I assume the problem's at my end. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bernard
Some details:
(1) I initially used the simfactory "build" mechanism, but I have this problem with a straightforward Cactus "make" as well.
(2) Here's a list of my loaded modules on Kraken. I'm using the PGI compilers (item 18 below):
- modules/3.1.6.5
- torque/2.4.14
- moab/5.4.3.s16991
- /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/default/modulefiles/xtpe-istanbul
- tgusage/3.0-r2
- altd/1.0
- DefApps
- xtpe-target-cnl
- xt-service/2.2.74
10) xt-os/2.2.74 11) xt-boot/2.2.74 12) xt-lustre-ss/2.2.74_1.6.5 13) cray/job/1.5.5-0.1_2.0202.21413.56.7 14) cray/csa/3.0.0-1_2.0202.21426.77.7 15) cray/account/1.0.0-2.0202.19482.49.18 16) cray/projdb/1.0.0-1.0202.19483.52.1 17) Base-opts/2.2.74 18) pgi/11.4.0 19) xt-libsci/10.5.02 20) pmi/2.1.4-1.0000.8596.15.1.ss 21) xt-mpt/5.2.3 22) xt-pe/2.2.74 23) xt-asyncpe/4.9 24) PrgEnv-pgi/2.2.74 25) cray/MySQL/5.0.64-1.0202.2899.21.1 26) git/1.7.4.2 27) python/2.6.4 28) mercurial/1.6.4 29) subversion/1.6.9 30) hdf5-parallel/1.6.10
--
Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web:
http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iph... ne bookid=13052
--
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/