Yes, I went to the cmake tab, changed the definitions, and generated code... I even changed the mpi lib to -L/sw/lib/openmpi
The error that then results is....
Running: xmledit2.4.2 CarpetHDF5.xml Running: xml2cmake2.4.2 CarpetHDF5.xml ----------------------------------------------------------------- Parsed document of type Plugin -----------------------------------------------------------------
Plugin: CarpetHDF5 ("Carpet AMR/curvilinear HDF5 output generated by the Cactus Computational Toolkit", type=database) -- version 2.1 Attribute: ()
-- The C compiler identification is GNU -- The CXX compiler identification is Clang -- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot -- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes -- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag -- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works -- Detecting C compiler ABI info -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /Users/shawley/apps/VizTools/CarpetHDF5 Scanning dependencies of target ECarpetHDF5Database_par [ 6%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5EnginePluginInfo.C.o [ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5PluginInfo.C.o [ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5CommonPluginInfo.C.o [ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/avtCarpetHDF5FileFormat.C.o [ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/H5Index.C.o make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.dylib', needed by `/Users/shawley/.visit/2.4.2/darwin-x86_64/plugins/databases/libECarpetHDF5 Database_par.dylib'. Stop. make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/all] Error 2
Not sure why it's looking for /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.dylib when I told it to look elsewhere.
On 4/12/12 2:45 PM, "Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]" bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
Scott:
That tab is actually the second tab in the window that opens up. It's labelled "CMake" rather than "Makefile".
BTW, do you have "cmake" (rather than "make" or "gmake") installed on your system?
Bernard
-- Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web: http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iph... e bookid=13052
--
On 4/12/12 3:42 PM, "Scott Hawley" scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Is THAT where those are? I didn't see any instructions about that. I even tried downloading the xmledit plugin for vim... (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=301)
This line should be changed: "To install the package, simply execute the install script contained in the CarpetHDF5 package."
to read
"To install the package, first set your path to include the Visin bin/ directory (e.g. /Applications/VisIt.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ or /usr/local/visit/bin/ ). Then run the install script contained in the CarpetHDF5 package."
Also... the instruction say "In the "Makefile"-tab modify the library and include path for the HDF5-library to match the installation on your system."
....there is no "Makefile" tab.
-Scott
On 4/12/12 2:32 PM, "Christian Reisswig" reisswig@tapir.caltech.edu wrote:
Hi Scott,
the important errors are:
./install: line 8: xmledit: command not found ./install: line 9: xml2cmake: command not found
It appears that you need to set your PATH variable to your visit/bin directory.
I hope that helps. Christian
How did you get the plugin to compile? When I run the script I getÅ
~/apps/VizTools/CarpetHDF5] % ./install make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop. rm: Makefile: No such file or directory rm: CMakeLists.txt: No such file or directory rm: CMakeCache.txt: No such file or directory rm: CMakeFiles: No such file or directory rm: cmake_install.cmake: No such file or directory ./install: line 8: xmledit: command not found ./install: line 9: xml2cmake: command not found CMake Error: The source directory "/Users/shawley/apps/VizTools/CarpetHDF5" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI. make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
On 4/10/12 3:24 PM, "Ian Hinder" ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 10 Apr 2012, at 22:21, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY
OF
MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Hi all. I'd like to visualise some 3D data produced by an
initial-data
run
of the EinsteinToolkit (Maxwell).
I'm outputting using CarpetIOHDF5; I have an output file "hahndol::hahndol_coulomb.h5", and decided to use Visit, as
recommended
by
cactuscode, etc.
I grabbed the CarpetHDF5 plugin code from svn, and installed as per instructions (pointing at the ETK-installed HDF5 in my Cactus/configs/<config-name>/scratch/external directory).
Starting Visit (2.4.2) , and trying to load a .h5 file yields the
following error:
--
The metadata server running on host localhost has exited
abnormally.
VisIt
is trying to restart it. Shortly thereafter, the following occured... VisIt was unable to open
"/Users/bjkelly1/Projects/CODES/Cactus/exe/BL_IJS_test/hahndol::hahnd o l _c ou
lomb.h5". Each attempt to open it caused VisIt's metadata server
to
crash. This can occur when the file is corrupted, or when the
underlying
file format has changed and VisIt's readers have not been updated
yet,
or
when the reader VisIt is using for your file format is not robust.
Please
check whether the file is corrupted and, if not, contact a VisIt
developer.
--
I have no idea whether the file is corrupted, but wanted to know:
is the
CarpetHDF5 plugin up-to-date with the output of Maxwell's
CarpetIOHDF5?
Any basic ideas where I might have gone wrong?
One problem can come from Visit trying to open too many files for the maximum open file limit of your OS. Mac OS, for example, has a very small limit. Try changing this with ulimit. But ultimately, you
should
try to find the actual error message. I think there is an option for Visit to output the errors to a file, but it's so long since I've
used
Visit that I don't remember. Probably someone else can fill that
in...
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users