On 26 Jun 2010, at 15:47, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Jun 26, 2010, at 15:35 , Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 01:50:52PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Jonathan Thornburg noticed that the bibliography references in the html version of the thorn guide are missing. For example, the AHFinderDirect description contains referneces to [?].
The documentation of AHFinderDirect uses an external bibtex file. It does also include documentation.bbl, but it is also the only thorn I can see that does this. Neither is supported by either ThornDoc nor ThornGuide.
The ThornDoc is reasonably easy extendable to include a file documentation.bbl, but it would be more complicated for the ThornGuide.
With the AHFinderDirect being the only affected thorn as far as I can see I suggest to include the bbl information of that thorn directly in the .tex file, instead of providing support for external bbl files or even .bib files and running bibtex.
Thoughts?
I think we should first correct the error quickly, then think about a sustainable solution. So let's include the .bbl file for the moment.
When I have written documentation last for Cactus thorns, I was somewhat surprised that external bibtex files were not supported. In fact I spent quite a long time trying to get the references to work, and in the end failed. I would like to have support for standard bibtex (i.e. external files) in documentation.