Yes, that is fixed.
Thanks,
Luca
On 13/1/12 4:12 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I believe I corrected this problem.
-erik
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Erik Schnetterschnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Luca
To allow more error checking, and to allow more generic parallel operations in Carpet (e.g. supporting symmetry conditions), the grid operators now take an additional argument "srcregbox" that describes where an operator should take its data from. Previously, each operator determined that on its own, and the high-level infrastructure that needs to provide the operator with these data (e.g. copy from another process) re-determined this independently.
Apparently this new code has an error. I see that the failing copy operation receives a dstregbbox with a smaller stride. Most likely, this copy operation is part of communicating data to a prolongation operation, and this copy operation receives the wrong dstregbox argument.
As a short-term remedy, you can check out a version of Carpet from a few days ago. I'll have a look at this problem.
-erik
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Luca Baiottibaiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp wrote:
Hello,
with a fresh ET checkout I ran into the error:
copy_3d.cc: srcbbox=([0,0,0]:[160,160,160]:[2,2,2]/[0,0,0]:[80,80,80]/[81,81,81]/531441) dstbbox=([98,58,58]:[112,102,102]:[2,2,2]/[49,29,29]:[56,51,51]/[8,23,23]/4232) srcregbbox=([98,58,58]:[112,102,102]:[2,2,2]/[49,29,29]:[56,51,51]/[8,23,23]/4232) dstregbbox=([101,81,60]:[109,100,100]:[1,1,1]/[101,81,60]:[109,100,100]/[9,20,41]/7380) WARNING level 0 in thorn CarpetLib processor 0 host (line 58 of /Users/baiotti/Cactus-checkpoit-schedule-update/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/copy_3d.cc):
-> Internal error: strides disagree Assertion failed: (0), function Abort, file /Users/baiotti/Cactus-checkpoit-schedule-update/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc, line 235.
What does it mean and what could the cause be?
I am using very simple parameters for carpet:
grid::type = "coordbase" grid::avoid_origin = "no" grid::domain = "full"
coordbase::xmin = -1. coordbase::xmax = 1. coordbase::ymin = -1. coordbase::ymax = 1. coordbase::zmin = -1. coordbase::zmax = 1.
coordbase::dx = 0.025 coordbase::dy = 0.025 coordbase::dz = 0.025
Carpet::verbose = yes Carpet::veryverbose = yes
carpet::use_buffer_zones = yes carpet::num_integrator_substeps = 3
Carpet::domain_from_coordbase = "yes" Carpet::enable_all_storage = "no"
methodoflines::ode_method = "rk2" methodoflines::mol_intermediate_steps = 2 methodoflines::initial_data_is_crap = "yes" InitBase::initial_data_setup_method = "init_all_levels" Carpet::init_3_timelevels = "no" Carpet::init_each_timelevel = "no"
Carpet::prolongation_order_space = 3 Carpet::prolongation_order_time = 2
Carpet::regrid_in_level_mode = yes Carpet::regrid_during_initialisation = no
Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 2 CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 1
CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_1 = 2 CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = 0.0 CarpetRegrid2::radius_1 [1] = 0.25
Carpet::poison_new_timelevels = yes Carpet::check_for_poison = yes CarpetLib::poison_new_memory = yes CarpetLib::poison_value = 222
Cheers,
Luca _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetterschnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/