[sorry to have to re-send this, Thunderbird is playing havoc with my From: address!]
Hi again List,
I tried again from scratch, in case I was building against artifacts created with incomplete dependencies (looks like I was).
I got this:
Formaline: Creating git master repository... Formaline: Creating git local repository... Formaline: Pushing source tree to master git repository... /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnuma /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [/opt/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... Formaline: Pushing to local repository /opt/ET/Cactus/../CactusSourceJar.git... Formaline: Optimising git repository (slow only the first time)... make: *** [sim] Error 2
I fixed it with a couple more dependencies (probably needed for Debian as well as Ubuntu):
sudo apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev
ian@bonsai Wed Aug 20 11:17 AM /opt/ET/Cactus $ ls -lAh exe total 291M -rwxrwxr-x 1 ian ian 291M Aug 20 11:16 cactus_sim drwxrwxr-x 2 ian ian 4.0K Aug 20 11:17 sim
I think I've now got a system to try out . . . so thanks for the moral support guys!
Cheers,
Ian.