Hi Roland.
Thanks --- actually when I start with "Add -> Pseudocolor", what appears in the available fields *is* "HYDROBASE--vel_lb_0_rb_"
Nevertheless, when I try to *draw* the resulting plot, the error message talks about the bracketed version, "HYDROBASE--vel[0]". So perhaps this version of VisIt isn't being consistent with the bracket to "lb/rb" substitution?
Bernard
On 6 February 2015 at 00:54, Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hello Bernard,
I'm trying to visualize (Pseudocolor) a grid function output in 2D by CarpetIOHDF5. I've done this many times for scalar grid functions in the recent past, and it's worked fine. However, now the field I'm looking at is one of the components of (HydroBase::vel) , and it's giving me problems.
Try: HYDROBASE--vel_lb_0_rb_
visit began replacing invalid characters with substitutions (_rb_ = right bracket?).
You can also find the correct name in the variables (Scalar) drop down box of the expression editor (near the bottom right, next to the functions drop down).
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users