Thanks Roland! Adding -lgfortran to LIB_CXX eliminated most of the "undefined symbols" errors.
The ones that remain are related to liblapack.a and liblorene_g.a. For example:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_ATL_cGetNB", referenced from: _ATL_ilaenv in liblapack.a(ATL_ilaenv.o)
I guess there's still some problem with the libraries.
Apparently one needs the development version of Lapack for a successful Lorene compilation (http://www.lorene.obspm.fr/prerequisites.html), but I think I only have the December 2016 release. I'll see if adding the development version makes a difference.
Gwyneth
On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu
wrote:
Hello Gwyneth,
Thanks Roland! This is going to be useful; I didn't know about that parameter file.
I've been trying to compile Lorene, but am getting errors like:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: __gfortran_os_error", referenced from: _poiss2d_ in liblorenef77_g.a(poisson2d.o) _poiss2di_ in liblorenef77_g.a(poisson2di.o)
The initial "make" works fine. The errors only appear when I "make test"
or
"make coal_ns_bh init_ns_bh lit_bin_ns_bh" in the Codes/Bin_ns_bh directory. Did you by any chance run into something like this?
I'm using the MacPorts universal version of gcc 6.3.0 and am compiling
with
g++ and gfortran. I've tried setting -m64 and -m32, but neither works. I probably need to change something in my local settings file, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what.
As a guess: you may have to add -lgfotran to your LIB_CXX settings in local_settings, ie:
ifeq ($(FFT_DIR),FFTW3) LIB_CXX = -lfftw3 -lgfortran -lstdc++ -lm else LIB_CXX = -lgfortran -lstdc++ -lm endif
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu . Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to UCT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via csirt@uct.ac.za
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users