Hi,
On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 04:32:50PM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
One proposal would be to check every commit and decide if it needs to be backported to old releases. This would only happen if the old release would no longer work without the commit (or maybe if the bug was very important?).
I believe that this would be too much effort for every commit.
We don't have enough people (and interest) to do a lot of back-ports. Officially I would like to only support the current stable release. That means that important bug-fixes like especially out-dated simfactory data would be fixed in the current release; likewise for any important bugs. New features would probably always get a 'no'.
As to versions older than the current release: I don't think we will update those anymore even for those important bugs, unless there is enough interest by one of the maintainers to do the work of implementing a fix and testing it. I don't want to be in the way of someone updating older releases, but no one should expect us to have the time for that.
Frank