Hi Roland,
I have been developing a suite of perl scripts for postprocessing Markov chain Monte Carlo results from Cactus, which I used to generate the plots in http://arxiv.org/abs/1504.05902. These are likely very different from what you are considering -- I just thought I'd mention it for your amusement. I define a fairly crude scripting language, which describes the sort of analysis one wants to perform, and provide a script which launches other scripts to compute numbers from the data (which for that paper was about 100 GB).
Best, David
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Roland Haas rhaas@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Hello all,
for the upcoming ET workshop I wanted to grab a 5 minutes slot and drum up support for more advanced postprocessing features in Cactus and to compare what Cactus can do (which is very little I am afraid) to what other codes can do.
As far as I know, multiple persons have already written their own specialized tools to do some offline postprocessing but there seems to be no concerted effort to produce a more general tool. So as a starter I wanted to give a short list of existing postprocessing tools that are used (mostly I am going to emphasis postprocessing using 3d and 2d datasets) and wanted to ask if people were to send me a short (a couple of lines) description of posprocessing tools that they use/have written and their capabilities (pictures are also welcome). I'd try and use those as starting points for a discussion at the meeting.
We have an informal list of visualization tools ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Visualization_of_simulation_results ) however I am looking for actual analysis facilities eg. tools that would allow one to compute things like ADM energy or unbound matter fraction based on saved simulation data (so simulationtools rather than VisIt).
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users