Jens
If a horizon is not found, then I suspect insufficient resolution. You should be able to choose different prolongation operators for spacetime and hydrodynamics. Since the geometry is not refluxed, you could use a higher order operation there, while staying with linear interpolation for hydro.
-erik
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:05 PM Jens Mahlmann jensmahl@alumni.uv.es wrote:
Dear all,
I have recently changed my hydro simulations to the Refluxing strategy implemented by Erik Schnetter. For this I have changed the standard configuration to a *cell centred refinement, staggered boundaries and low order spatial prolongation for the hydro variables*. Since then I experience problems with BSSN or, more specifically, the QuasilocalMeasures thorn (a=0.9 black hole). After an initially fine behaviour, *no Eigenvector with value one is found and the spacetime gradually crashes*.
I am still puzzled where this is coming from. Does anybody have some experience with the combination spacetime evolution + hydro refluxing, i.e. the somewhat different grid setup? I would be glad for any input to see where I start to fix my work.
Thank you very much and my best from Valencia
Jens _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users