-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Steve,
First: Is there a way to determine whether a given grid point (regardless of level in the refinement hierarchy) also exists on a finer grid?
I don't know of an official way to do so. Essentially you want to do what the function map_points in CarpetInterp/src/interp.cc does.
A while ago I had need for this functionality and extracted the code for this and wrapped it into a callable function. Attached please find the thorn that I had created for this. It exports and aliased function MapPoints that returns the refinement level and processor owning a point. It's arguments are more or less the same as the interpolator call. The code is more or less exactly what is in interp.cc.
Second: Is there a way to disable subcycling? I.e. what I want to do is evolve all levels simultaneously with the finest grid step. Is there a way to do that?
Setting all Carpet::time_refinement_factors parameters to 1 might do the trick.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.