Dear Iosif,
I hope this message finds you well.
I'm not sure you already got a reply, but in case you haven't, my understanding is that placeholders like @FOO@ are there to indicate things you need to change yourself, manually.
So when you see something like:
#SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
then it means you should replace @ALLOCATION@ with the name of your allocation in the specific cluster.
Someone else can correct me if this is not correct, but that's how I usually handle these.
Cheers, Leo
On Fri, Jul 25, 2025 at 8:06 AM users-request@einsteintoolkit.org wrote:
Send Users mailing list submissions to users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
- SimFactory placeholder macros (IOSIF PANAGIOTIS)
- Issue with ReadInterpolate (Luciano Combi)
Message: 1 Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 10:43:36 +0000 From: IOSIF PANAGIOTIS PANAGIOTIS.IOSIF@units.it To: Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: [Users] SimFactory placeholder macros Message-ID: < AS8P250MB08637A69A316C8763E533B5FF959A@AS8P250MB0863.EURP250.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi,
I have been following this document, https://einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/2022_02_24/index.html , to set up ET on my cluster, working also on some example configuration files.
While preparing the submit and run scripts, I wanted to check the description of the @FOO@ macros that SimFactory uses.
I checked these places but found no information.
https://simfactory.bitbucket.io/simfactory2/userguide/ (no mention of macros)
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simulation_Factory_Advanced_Tutoria... (1 mention of the @USER@ macro and a pointer to a section #Macros< https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simulation_Factory_Advanced_Tutoria... that seems missing)
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Configuring_a_new_machine (there is no information on the submitscript and runscript)
So I would like to ask:
If e.g. I have this line in my submitscript: #SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
Where is @ALLOCATION@ "read" from?
My guess is that this is specified in the .ini file in this line: allocation = <project_account>
Could you confirm if this is the case?
Is there another source of documentation (that I might have missed) describing what these @FOO@ placeholders do?
Best regards, Panagiotis
Panagiotis Iosif postdoctoral researcher Department of Physics, University of Trieste Via Alfonso Valerio 2, Trieste 34127 Italy