On 18 Oct 2011, at 15:51, Einstein Toolkit wrote:
#66: IOHDF5::out3D_ghosts and friends doesn't work and corrupts 2D data slices -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: bcmsma@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The output_XXX ones work for out3d_vars (the "sliced" 3d output), they do not work for the legacy out_vars 3d output as you correclty point out. The former should produce identical output for grid functions (and maybe scalar and arrays though that is much less well tested). Its code cannot be used for checkpointing though which is why the old legacy code is still in (and I don't fully trust the new 3D code yet since it has not been active for very long).
I wasn't really aware of the new-style 3D output method. Does this method allow for parallel output (i.e. one file per process)? If not, then I worry that it might be quite slow.