Hello Rhiannon,
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgfortran.so.3, needed by /usr/lib64/../lib64/liblapack.so, may conflict with libgfortran.so.5
Is this a problem?
I am loading the openblas module and setting the directory for the libraries but maybe I'm still doing something wrong? I've attached the make.log and optionlist files.
It it is possible that he the openblas module was compiled with an older gfortran compiler than the one you are using.
That would give you that warning.
The simplest solution is most likely to set
OPENBLAS_DIR = BUILD
in your option list. This will make Cactus compile its own copy.
If you then also make sure that your thornlist contains
ExternalLibraries/OpenBLAS
but not
ExternalLibraries/LAPACK
or
ExternalLibraries/BLAS
then Cactus will compile OpenBLAS which is "good enough", in particular since nothing in the Einstein Toolkit crucially depends on BLAS / LAPACK for overall performance.
The Hello World and TOV tests worked but not the GW150914, but I haven't looked at the reason for that yet (maybe not enough cores in my first attempt) because I'm still concerned about fixing the above warning first, if that needs to be fixed.
You can certainly try and run. If it fails it will fail very loudly I would expect. So if the run succeeds then you are fine I would expect.
Yours, Roland