Sorry kindly ignore the email below. I ran scons from the wrong location.
I am still getting the same error and checking.
On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM Krishiv Bhatia flyingunicorns5724@gmail.com wrote:
Hello Dr. Haas,
Many thanks for your reply. I sincerely appreciate your time.
The file is there:
$ ls /opt/local/include/gsl/gsl_sf_ellint.h
/opt/local/include/gsl/gsl_sf_ellint.h
Per your advice, I added:
- "/opt/local/include/" to CPPPATH
- "/opt/local/lib/" to LIBPATH
Now I get:
$ scons
scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 944, in _main
On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 10:14 AM Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Krishiv,
you need to check that the include file is present eg for macports this would be (something like):
/opt/local/include/gsl/gsl_sf_ellint.h
If that is not found the you will have to edit the SConstruct file you are using to have the path "/opt/local/include/" in CPPPATH.
You then likely have to add "/opt/local/lib/" to LIBPATH.
Maybe someone on this list has a macOS+macports SConstruct file for SelfForce1D that you could use.
Yours, Roland
Hello All,
Appreciate if somebody can help out with this error:
$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
Compiling
Build/EffSource/ScalarSchwarzschild/EffectiveSource/EffectiveSource-acceleration.o
Src/EffSource/ScalarSchwarzschild/EffectiveSource/EffectiveSource-acceleration.cc:16:10:
fatal error: gsl/gsl_sf_ellint.h: No such file or directory
16 | #include <gsl/gsl_sf_ellint.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~compilation terminated.
scons: ***
[Build/EffSource/ScalarSchwarzschild/EffectiveSource/EffectiveSource-acceleration.o]
Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
the gsl library is already installed in my mac. I installed it both
using
MacPorts and brew
$ ls /usr/local/Cellar/gsl/2.7/lib/
libgsl.25.dylib libgsl.a libgsl.dylib libgslcblas.0.dylib libgslcblas.a libgslcblas.dylib pkgconfig
$ ls /opt/local/lib/*gsl*
/opt/local/lib/libgsl.25.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgsl.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.a
/opt/local/lib/libgsl.a /opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .