Hi
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at 10 am US central time on Mondays.
As always, we will answer questions and hear comments that come up at the meeting.
I addition to that, Zach Etienne will give a short walk-through of the IllinoisGRMHD code. We will use a web-service for screen-sharing and audio. This means we will not use the regular phone line. Please find instructions below:
http://horizon.tapir.caltech.edu
Log in via one of the username/password combinations listed (the server is up and plays some music for testing purposes right now).
Please choose a display name (free form) and any of the two passwords listed on the page. Using the moderator password will allow you to mute anyone in the call and assign the presentation ability to users (incl. yourself which is the only thing you can do as a normal user), there can be several moderators at the same time.
The whole page is based on flash and some java for screen sharing. Audio can be handled via flash in which case I recommend activating echo cancellation and turning down the recording level. Echo cancelling is still not great (headset strongly encouraged). Better audio quality can be achieved by using a VoIP softphone to call in. The address is
sip:72013@horizon.tapir.caltech.edu
I found that for Linux both Linphone and Ekiga worked (just ignore the dialog in Linphone offering to create a SIP account, both are in Debian and I guess Ubuntu as well). For Mac OSX you can also use Linphone (type linphone in a terminal it *does* have a GUI), it's in MacPorts and worked ok for me (an alternative is Telephone which needs a SIP acount eg from ekiga.net but works very well otherwise). Windows users can download Linphone from http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/packages/linphone.html (I have not tested this). Android and iPhone version of linphone can also be found there. The android version is reported to work, iPhone I do not have experience in.
Thanks to Roland Haas for this setup.
Frank Loeffler